school shoes

school shoes
their tiny shoes

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Student Profile: Yagya Sharma


Yagya Sharma loves to make fun of me. He will come up to me alone and ask a question injected with a Nepali word at a crucial point in the inquiry. My answer, I'm sure, would be hilarious no matter what I may say. So I ignore him. That doesn't matter--audience or not he will still laugh (he will have been holding one in throughout the exchange) and consider his ruse a roaring success.

Despite his sense of humor, Yagya is one of the academic powerhouses of class seven. He was the quickest to grasp the concepts behind kinematic equations, and as I was the creator and grade giver of his science exam, I can tell you he did very well applying those concepts. He and his brother Yuvraj are quite different, but they get along well. Just in case anyone is wondering, "Yagya"is pronounced, "Ayg-yay." I never could figure out a nickname for him to make my life easier. One day, Yagya, I'll give you a call and bestow a nickname upon you. Here's sometimes Yugya, sometimes Aygyay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, it’s me, Yagya Raj Sharma. I am 13 years old. There are 5 members of my family. My mom lives in my village, Jumla. In Jumla, I live in the place called Sinya from where this Nepali language come from. In my family, my brother has passed 12, my younger brother studies in grade 5, and my father is a businessman.

Very excited to be catching the baseball


My village is situated on the hills of Kamali zone, Jumla district. The place is Sinya. It is a valley. There are many famous temples, rivers, and houses are not model instead they are made up of furniture, stone, and mud. It takes 45 minutes from Kathmandu on a plane. If we want to go by bus then it takes 7 days.

My favourite subject is maths in school. I liked that subject from grade one because I used to get highest marks all the time. But that’s not the reason instead the reason is because I liked to solve many mathematical problems and I loved to do that.

I want to get the political job when I will be older because I want to develop this Nepal by utilizing the natural resources and developing in tourism sector. I also want to be a football player if possible.

However if those don't work out, he would make a convincing giraffe


I could change the ground of this school because I think that it is too small for playing and also I want to change this school timing.

My favourite movie is Avengers because there are all the heroes which I liked and they all are awesome.

Yes, I get along with my brother but sometimes only because he is junior than me and we normally hang out with our own class friends. When we go home then we get along. Biggest difference between me and my brother is height, our behaviors and thinking.

Yagya searching for the Nepali version of a piñata--a clay pot
When I got in trouble, I like to just go and lie down. If my friend gets me trouble then I become so angry and bit [beat] them if I could otherwise I don’t talk with them.

If I could say something and the whole world could listen then I could say that there are many many small countries which are beautiful and amazing. If anybody could travel then come to Nepal a small country on the lap of Himalayas and not only Nepal, there are other too many small countries which are awesome. You can visit there also.

Yes, what you read they are basic beautiful and awesome facts of Nepal. I think you would be shocked to hear that only some developed cities and highways have nice roads but other most of the places have zigzag and holes in the roads of Nepal.


I have said all things of mine and Nepal but I am curious. Is there a brain of Albert Einstein in any museum of U.S. and I want to ask that is there a road like Nepal in some parts of U.S?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Yagya, some roads in Nepal are like some roads in the U.S. There are even some hiking trails in the Rockies that are strikingly similar some busy roads in Nepal minus the cars, motorcycles, beeping horns, and throngs of pedestrians.

1 comment:

  1. from Wikipedia:

    In 2010, Harvey's heirs transferred all of his holdings constituting the remains of Einstein's brain to the National Museum of Health and Medicine, including 14 photographs of the whole brain (which is now in fragments) never before revealed to the public.[6][7]

    More recently, 46 small portions of Einstein's brain were acquired by the Mütter Museum in Philadelphia. In 2013, these thin slices, mounted on microscope slides, went on exhibit in the museum's permanent galleries.[8]

    ReplyDelete