school shoes

school shoes
their tiny shoes

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Agraj's 5 Things

Today I was going to write about what a normal class with the first graders is like. I will post that tomorrow, because now I have something else to write about.

Everyday I make the boarders write 5 sentences for an assignment I call "Alex's 5 Things." I ask them questions, or give them problems, or tell them to ask me questions... in sets of 5, of course. They do this after school during their study period, and it has caught on with a couple of the non-boarders who stick around for a structured study time. Today I got a response from one of these non-boarders that I want to share. It's not profound and you wouldn't find it on Upworthy, but I like it a lot and it has made me think about Heath in a different way. If you meet someone new, try to imagine what they're like with their best friend. It's a way to see the good that a person is capable of giving to the world.

Alex's 5 Things, Jan. 5th, 2014.
Today I want you to answer these 5 questions about your best friend:
1. Who is your best friend and where did you first meet?
2. Why do you like your best friend?
3. What games do you play with your best friend?
4. How would your best friend describe you?
5. If you could go anywhere in the world with your best friend, where would you go?

"My best friend name is Heath. I met him when I was in L.K.G. I like Heath because he is only the one who stand against who tease me, beat me, etc. We play games together and we stand in line together. We play Lock and Key, Choose Driver, Subway Surfers, and Pride and Prejudice (when I asked what these games were, he told me the two of them made them up. Pride and Prejudice is played by either being the good side or evil side and then fighting.) My best friend would describe me:
He is a boy. He is very fat. He comes late ("I am always late," he promptly added.) He is a good friend. He has played in two films*, etc. If I could go anywhere in the world with my best friend I would go to U.S.A with my friend." (I asked him why they would go to the U.S and Agraj told me it was because Heath is always saying he wants to go.)

*Agraj's father directs and produces movies in Nepal. Agraj has appeared in two: Up In The Wind and, wait for it, Mero Best Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment