school shoes

school shoes
their tiny shoes

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Student Profile: Pasang Lama


Pasang Lama does not like the limelight. He likes to have a fun time and joke around as much as anyone (ok, maybe a little less than some of the Stephen's hooligans), but he does so quietly and in the corner. He will crack a joke to close friend and is quick to find his laugh, especially at my expense as I fumble around trying to play soccer in a dust bowl or with a plastic pool ball in the courtyard. He really has a low opinion of my soccer ability. I don't blame him, and he is very good. It is my hope he comes to the U.S. to play soccer for school, and then I can train with him. Mostly, I want to see his face when he first steps on a real pitch with grass and normal size nets and boundaries. That would make me happy. Here's Stephen's football pro, soon to be true football pro, Pasang Lama.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Pasang Lama. I am 13 years old. I live in Boudha. I am from northern Gorkha where is mountains and very cold. My family are father, brother, sister, mother, uncle, aunty, etc. But, now I don’t have mother because my mother was died when I was young.

I was born in mountain region where is cold and no good facilities. When I was younger I didn’t got chance to go to school. I was looking after animals like sheep, goat, yak, etc. and working in field. When I was 9 years old I came to Kathmandu and studied in Tibetan school. I left that school and came this school.

Pasang and Shyam

[When I change two things about this school] I will make big soccer ground and I will give training to player. I will keep projector in every class so they can learn easily.

The two pals at Bouddhanath Stuppa

My best friend is Shyam, Rasik, and Bijen because we are in same class, we work together and we help eachother.


One day, it was holiday. We all friends were playing soccer. My one friend kicked the ball and broke window glasses. Our sir called us in office and beat with stick.


My village is small and it is beautiful. Near my village there are some mountains. In my village there isn’t good schools, hospitals, and hotels. There is no vehicles in our village.


My religion is Buddhist. Yes it is important to me. My favorite holiday is Lhosar.


I like football so much because I had been playing football from small. It is fun and interesting game. I think football is one of the best games in the world. I want to be a football player. My favorite player is Ronaldo because he plays well. He scores goals for his team. Most valuable player goes to him.

Pasang in his Pirlo threads and bare feet

Nepal has a lot of water but it is not being used properly in electric uses. Nepal has many good clubs in soccer. Like ANFA, MMC, T.S. etc.


If you want to visit Nepal come and let’s have fun. Nepal is a beautiful country. Alex’s dad and mom please come to Nepal when Alex sir will come again to Nepal.


No comments:

Post a Comment